Sure, you’re used to dealing with contracts when it comes to working with clients. But what about what happens when your business scales and you are bringing courses, memberships, programs and/or retreats in the mix?
In this episode, I talk with Sarah Kornblet about everything you need to know in order to legally protect your passion as it continues to grow!
Sarah Kornblet, JD, is an attorney for online entrepreneurs. After several years at a law firm and a few career jumps, she ended up falling in love with online business and loves helping entrepreneurs achieve their dreams in a smart and protected way. She is also an adventurer, traveler, and food and wine lover. When not at her computer, she loves flying around the globe and connecting with other online business owners.
Episode highlights + takeaways:
- How she went from working for a law firm in D.C. to living out her passion of traveling, while still serving others with her gifts.
- Being proactive when it comes to legal in your business vs putting out fires as they spark.
- The difference between contracts for your 1:1 work vs terms of purchase for your scalable offers.
- What to keep in mind when you are creating content in order to keep your intellectual property safe.
- What to add on every check out page in order to make sure you are legally protected.
- How to know when a legal template is the right for for your offer or if you need a customized contract.
- GDRP and what it changes for online business owners from a legal standpoint.
- The biggest misconceptions she sees with entrepreneurs when it comes to handling legal in their business.
Where you can find Sarah: