This little internet home of ours, has been nominated for the Liebster Award!
I feel like I should be walking up an aisle, while attempting not to trip on my dress, and start a long winded speech about how content is KING in the social media world.
Oh, and thank my mom because… everyone does, right?
My first step is to write a post stating that I accept, so here goes:
“I officially accept my nomination for the Liebster Award!”
A big thanks goes out to…
Katie Momo of Brilliant Media Marketing!
If you are looking to take your social media presence to a whole new level, Katie is your girl! She will show you exactly how to leverage your time (you know I’m all about that!) in a way that’s unique to YOU and your business.
In other words… no cookie cutter molds with her! Instead, she’s going to bring the personality of your business to life on social media.
Thanks so much for the nomination Katie!
This is presented to bloggers by other bloggers. It’s very cool to be recognized by peers in the blogosphere!
I will post the official rules below. Next, I’ll get started on my challenges…
10 Random Facts About Me
- Ketchup freaks me out.
Yep, I’m “that person” that has always refused to eat ketchup. I’ve been told I’m missing out on some good stuff!
- Our marriage license is in Dutch.
We were married in Aruba in 2010, which gave us a Dutch marriage license. It was really cool until the DMV back in the US wouldn’t accept it and we had to pay $80 for someone to officially translate it to English. Oops! It’s still cool looking. 🙂
- I cried the first (and only) time I went skydiving.
…. and it’s all on video. #awkward
- I love to sing around the house LOUDLY.
and it doesn’t matter if I know all the words or not (ask my husband!)
- My sister, twin brothers, my dad and myself all have a name that starts with J.
Everyone except my mom. Whomp whomp 😉
- When I have to pump my own gas, I whine about it.
In my defense, I was raised in Jersey and it’s illegal to pump your own gas there. I’ve been in Connecticut for over ten years and still don’t understand why I should get out of my car.
- I throw away anything that hasn’t been used in six months.
- If I could, I would own a farm just to have every animal possible.
Forever an animal lover over here!
- I don’t watch or pay attention to the news.
I’m sure I should but I refuse to and find myself happier as a result of it.
- I can’t decorate to save my life.
However, I keep trying in hopes that one day, I have a Pintrest worthy room!
A favorite blog of mine is…
Screw the 9 to 5 blog for sure. I absolutely love the work that Jill and Josh do and the value they provide to their community. They will show you how to rock your business through Facebook groups, ads and e-mail funnels… all in a way that’s simple to understand.
The support within both their free and paid membership options are unmatched to anything else out there!
Back in 2011 the rules were a simple case of acknowledgement of the nominator and to nominate 5 more. Now in 2016 it is a little more involved!
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog. Try to include a little promotion for the person who nominated you. They will thank you for it and those who you nominate will also help you out as well.
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.) At the bottom of this post I’ve included a whole lot of images you can use for your 2016 Liebster Award.
- For the 2016 Liebster Award I will be shaking things up! Write a 150-300 word post about your favourite blog that is not your own. Explain why you like the blog, provide links.
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself. (This year I’m making this optional. If you wish to engage with your readers it’s a great idea to include random facts about you.)
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 200 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
- List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post or mine if you don’t have all the information so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
Thanks again to Katie for nominating the blog!